This week’s episode is a behind-the-scenes look at David’s flagship product at Fatcat Apps, Easy Pricing Tables.
Easy Pricing Tables is a plugin that makes it easy to create pricing and comparison tables.
Why Another Pricing Table Plugin?
- Easier to use.
- Hand coding is time consuming.
- Unhappy with existing solutions, “scratching his own itch.”
- Clean, responsive design.
Building the Plugin
- David coded it himself, then handed it over to a developer to focus on business development.
- Making a good UI was 70-80% of the work.
- Verified the market, make sure you’re building something people actually want.
- Made a good free version for the WordPress.org plugin repository.
- Some SEO.
- Built a good product that people would like and recommend.
- Has an affiliate program, but most people find the plugin organically.
1 year After Launch
- Over 63,000 free downloads.
- Lots of mentions.
- Integrations, including WooCommerce One Page Checkout, which happened organically.
Plans for the Future
- More new designs for the paid version.
- Re-vamped UI with a WYSIWYG interface like Easy Opt-Ins.
- Build up the affiliate program – offering a 50% commission.
- Integrations and partnerships with other themes and plugins.
You can find more about Easy Pricing Tables on David’s site, Fatcat Apps.
Please share your comments and questions below!