The Matt Report Podcast
- Matt Report
- Matt started so people can hear from the big names in the WordPress business world.
- Podcasting advice:
- Don’t do a podcast as throw-away media – put in the work to do it right.
- Don’t make an exact copy of another podcast.
- Provide your guests with a quality experience and they will promote you.
- Having big influencers as guests helps with promotion.
- Podcasting is relationship building. It’s beneficial though not easily measurable.
- Think about your audience. Be deliberate and focused.
- The WordPress podcast space is growing, but it’s competitive.
- People only have so much time to listen to podcasts. Find a way to be different.
- Even within the WordPress niche, there are sub-niches like plugins (WP Plugins A-Z).
- Other content marketing – do a lot of outreach, produce media, measure later.
- It’s important to try things even if they don’t scale (see the essay by Paul Graham).
- Conductor Plugin
- Provides a quick and easy way to display content in different ways.
- Matt saw the need for the plugin after building this type of solution for his own clients.
- Also created the Note Plugin (free plugin for front-end editing text widgets).
- Made an impressive demo for Conductor using content from The New Yorker.
- Launched a successful paid beta to validate demand for the product.