In this episode, we discuss the importance of reputation in business. We noticed that a high percentage of our own software purchases are driving by reputation and/or referrals.
- Doug: New approach – website in a day, website in a week at EfficientWP.
- The importance of reputation
- Building reputation – tactics
- Quality content – blog, podcast, etc. that isn’t just created for the sake of creating content
- Direct interaction – comments, emails, phone/Skype, meeting in person, intelligent forum discussions
- Attending and speaking at WordCamps, conferences
- “good” products – plugins, info products, etc. both free and paid
- Losing reputation
- Poor products, poor support
- Hearing stories about (unnamed) people we know getting burned on deals
- How to show references/recommendations: testimonials, LinkedIn, case studies